5 February 2020
MELBOURNE – Australia’s largest taxi brand 13cabs has released a new safety messaging campaign, aimed at informing Passengers on the safety principals adopted by the brand.
Off the back of several local and global issues with rideshare providers, the conversation
around Passenger safety in rideshare is on the increase.
Stuart Overell, Chief Operating Officer, 13cabs said: “At 13cabs the safety and security of our Passengers and Driver Partners are our number one priority and we have numerous measures in place to ensure Passengers travel safely every time they ride with us”.
With 40,000 Drivers and 10,000 cars in our all Australian fleet, addressing safety across millions of trips each year is a cornerstone of our ongoing work to provide a better and more consistent personal transport experience to our customers.
Unlike our competitors, 13cabs isn’t a faceless company, we chose to hero the real people that deliver safety behind the 13cabs brand, in our latest safety campaign. They are responsible for ensuring Passenger safety, right through the business. The campaign will roll out across OOH, digital, Radio and video and forms part of an ongoing strategy in safety for 13cabs.
13cabs now have more safety measures in place than ever before and are committed to continued improvement in this area. These measures include:
1. Every 13cabs is fitted with multiple GPS devices built into the vehicle for real time tracking. We do not rely on just a mobile phone.
2. Each 13cabs vehicle undertakes at least three (3) mandatory safety checks per year. We don’t just rely on a road worthy certificate.
3. Every Driver for13cabs undergoes a police check.
4. We provide our Drivers with in-depth training to help empower Drivers to handle a variety of situations.
5. Unlike any other rideshare we have over 30,000 security cameras built into 13cabs vehicles across our fleet.
6. With one of the biggest wheelchair accessible taxi fleets in the country with our Drivers receiving specialised training,13cabs knows how to keep passengers with disabilities safe.
7. Our contact centre operates 24/7 and 365 days a year in Australia which means we are here for you, every minute of your ride.
8. If required while travelling with us, a back to base alarm is available for Driver and Passenger assistance.
9. Finally, every 13cabs vehicle carries our bold orange branding, securing high visibility from the road. Passengers can be assured they will never get into the