Learn more about our safety measures
safety is our
Ride Safe With 13cabs
At 13cabs the safety and security of our Passengers and Drivers is our number one priority and we have numerous measures in place to ensure Australians travel safely from A to B, when they ride with us.
Here is how we’re working to keep you safe
Before your trip
- All 13cabs Drivers undergo background and police checks. They are trained to understand how to use our security and safety features and how to handle difficult situations.
- You can see your Drivers’ photo, name and cab number whenever you’re in a 13cabs and when you book through our app – that way you know you’re riding with a qualified, police checked and professional Driver.
- Every 13cabs vehicle carries our distinctive bold orange branding, guaranteeing high visibility from the road. This reduces the risk of you getting in the wrong car or being picked up by an unofficial vehicle.
During your trip
- Every 13cabs vehicle is fitted with built-in GPS tracking devices. The live location of our vehicles is monitored 24/7 by our Contact Centre.
- Whenever you book a 13cabs ride, the Driver will never have access to your phone number, even when they call you or if you use the ‘Contact Driver’ feature in the app. This is anonymised to ensure complete privacy.
- If you or your Driver is in trouble, there is a back-to-base alarm in the vehicle, and you can also call and speak to a real person – not a robot – on the phone at our Contact Centre to report any incidents any time of day or night. If you’ve booked through the app, the Contact Centre is one touch away – simply look for the “Connect” feature in the menu.
- Our fleet has over 30,000 built-in cameras to ensure your safety.
After your trip
- We are here for you, every minute of every day. That’s why we have a Contact Centre that operates 24/7, 365 days a year, locally in Australia.
- 13cabs have an industry-leading dedicated Lost Property team that collects and returns lost items back to their owners as fast as possible.
- Being an Australian owned company, all 13cabs Passengers’ personal and financial information is stored in Australia under Australian law. Regardless of whether you book via the 13cabs app, website or through our Contact Centres, your data is stored in Australia and not in the US, India or China.